Friday, March 21, 2008

Nokia 5500 sport training tools

Even though I've had the bits and pieces for ages, I only got round to using them for the first time this week.

The Nokia 5500 sport has built in pedometer and GPS support. The standard software has a training diary, customisable activites and tests. I got a 54 channel bluetooth GPS unit cheap of eBay, fired up the software and gave it a spin.

It seems easy to use and is pretty useful. It would be nice if it supported a heart rate monitor too but for nothing I can't complain too much. So for each training session I can select run or cycle and it measures the the distance, average speed, etc and stores it in the training diary. A bit gimicky but nice to have. A few screen shots below.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home