Sunday, April 27, 2008

Worst ride I can remember

I was planning a four hour ride today but bailed after three and a quarter. I've been getting over a cold, made sandwiches to eat along the way with mouldy bread (urgh !!), dressed for rain and got caught is glorious hot weater, dehydrated as I drunk under a litre over the three hours and hurt my butt bad on the cheaper junk seat I had kicking around the garage.

All in all it was a bad ride !! I'm going to take some time off training and do a couple of short hour rides while I'm away on holiday. I'm taking the training bike away with me. I'll see how I get on with the saddle. If it's OK I'll swap it to the bike we're using for the 24hr event. Otherwise I'll have to get something more comfortable.

To add to the problems, the main bike is suffering from awful shifting from the rear mech. I changed the cable a few months ago so it must me the rear mech that's shot. More expense !!!!

Also, I've had a rule whilst training that I'll do straight trail and fire road riding so I don't run the risk of injury. Training's been getting a chore recently so today I tried the new improved red trail in Thetford forest as part of my ride. I got carried away on a jump, landed wrong and twisted my ankle and wrist. It hurt at the time but now they just feel a bit sore.

Things can only get better ......................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home