Sunday, May 04, 2008

Two last minute problems

Arrggghhhh !!!!!

Just when I thought we'd seen the last of any problems, my riding boots have ripped and despite me ordering energy drink in a huge tub, we were sent recovery drink (in a very similar huge tub). To make matters worse, even though we haven't used any, we took the seal off on Saturday to see if there was a scoop inside before we realised it was the wrong one.

The ripped boots is a big problem. We already have a new saddle that I haven't ridden and now I'm faced with the prospect of finding new shoes/boots in the next 5 days and riding them unbroken in when I line up at the start on Saturday. To add to the problem we don't have any local bike stores that are likely to sell SPD shoes. So I'm going to ring round tomorrow (Bank Holiday Monday) and see where the nearest dealer is that can help. Otherwise we'll have to detour to Milton Keynes Evans Cycles on the way down on Friday. I really don't want to leave it that late.

The drink mix up might not be too bad. If Wiggle can't help us out, the recovery drink I purchased intentionally is also an energy drink so we can switch uses but it's not ideal and we wont have enough for the event as we stand.

The build up to this event has been way more stressful, problematic, time consuming and expensive than I every imagined.

Surely nothing else can go wrong ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home